Are you a real-life Tony Stark or Riri Williams looking to tinker with the latest web technologies?
We are a legion of visionary artists, storytellers and engineers on a mission to advance the timeless art of storytelling in an era of interactive media, connected devices and virtual and augmented realities.
Our engineers and designers collaborate with the world’s most-renowned comic book creators and graphic pioneers to evolve our transformative Motion Book™ platform. Our authoring tools bring sound, motion and dimension to their words and images; our publishing pipeline distributes their works to a vast digital marketplace; and our ever-growing lineup of Motion Book™ clients delivers their stories to fans in a uniquely compelling experience.
We are Madefire and we are looking for creative engineering
/superhero(in)?es/ to join our digital storytelling vanguard.
- Motion Book™ Creator 2.0, with VR support
- Motion Book™ Reader for Web 2.0
- Madefire’s web-based digital comics marketplace
- React (and Redux, React Router, etc.)
- Node.js, npm
- Front-end build tools (Webpack, Gulp, Grunt)
- Test-driven development (Mocha, Jasmine, Enzyme, etc.)
- Source code management (Git, GitHub)
- Functional programming concepts
The ideal candidate should also have experience:
- Developing complex single page applications (SPA) using web standards
- Engineering progressive web apps with service workers
- Designing component-based UI hierarchies
- Rendering <canvas> animations at 60fps+
- Building accessible (a11y) user interfaces
- Writing clean, semantic markup and modular, composable CSS
- Analyzing and optimizing web page performance
Bonus points for the following:
- Electron (or similar cross-platform desktop application development, i.e. NW.js, node-webkit)
- WebVR and/or WebGL, OpenGL, THREE.js
- React Native
They should possess excellent written and oral communication skills, write clear and concise documentation and proactively communicate project statuses. They should be curious, passionate and enthusiastic learners, capable of sharing their knowledge with others. They should champion best practices (design, performance, testing, security, etc.) and enjoy mentoring their peers.
Life at Madefire
Madefire offers a competitive salary and equity package, comprehensive medical benefits (including dental and vision), career development budget (books, courses, conferences, etc.), free digital comics, family lunch every Monday and fresh bagels every Tuesday. We host a quarterly social event, called Story Night, which features the work of creative industry giants. We also get together biweekly for Game Night.
Work-life balance is important to us. We work at a sustainable pace, set responsible deadlines and keep flexible schedules. Members of our engineering team may opt to work remotely on Wednesdays and Fridays.
Madefire is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusivity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.