Madefire Marketing & Community Manager
Madefire is passionate about storytelling and technology. We have built an end to end storytelling platform that enables creators and publishers to make a new type of benchmark reading experience called a Motion Book. The Madefire app contains a marketplace of comics, graphic novels, manga, kids and many other genres of illustrated books. The catalog of over 40,000 Motion Books and comics are distributed within our lineup of native apps across iOS, Android, Windows 10, Android TV, Apple TV, Web and Oculus VR… with more platforms coming soon.
- — Build the positioning and relevance of the Madefire offering in the marketplace.
- — Scale the Madefire community of Creators and Reader
- — Increase the customer base and revenues on the Madefire marketplace
Marketing Strategy & Planning
- — Plan and coordinate campaigns and launches
- — Manage marketing calendar and budget
- — Provide strategic input on how to best utilize distribution and social channels
- — Engage with our online community of creators and readers (DeviantArt, reddit, Social channels)
- — Real time social updates during events (ex. SDCC, SXSW, NYCC)
- — In-app messaging
- — Newsletter & Email marketing campaigns
News & PR
- — Manage our external PR agency to coordinate news and press releases
- — Lead tone of voice and written word across all communications including app store submissions and company materials.
- — Work with Madefire team to plan and promote in-studio events
- — Work with Project Lead to plan external events (ex. SDCC, SXSW, NYCC)
- — Measure success of marketing efforts
- — Improve measurement and insights across the platform
- — Website
- — Marketing material
- — In a marketing and or community management role.
- — A background in digital marketing
- — An interest in technology and staying up to date on the latest news and trends
- — An interest in pop culture, comics, gaming and geekdom
- — Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- — An ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
From a cultural perspective, Madefire is a grown-up startup. We believe in a sustainable pace, so we keep reasonable schedules. We also have a high degree of autonomy, so schedules are flexible, as long as everyone is considerate towards the team regarding availability.
There’s a great mix of art and technology going on in the office, we’re comics-focused, and based in Emeryville behind Pixar – we’re lucky to be pursuing a very special dream of building the next great storytelling company, and we have a lovely studio that combines engineers, storytellers and designers.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds strongly encouraged to apply.