Old meets new as Madefire expands Motion Book line
Sherlock Holmes, Paradise Lost, and lost pulp adventure make their way to Madefire
San Francisco, California – May 30, 2013 – Madefire launched the Motion Book to be a digital first reading experience and quickly reached numerous milestones, including landing on The App Store’s Best of 2012 list. With 32 episodes released to date through their renowned iOS app and a partnership with social media giant deviantART offering the titles to the web, they’ve had a busy 2013. But what’s next for the studio that brought acclaimed titles like Treatment, Mono, Captain Stone is Missing…, and Houses of the Holy to fans worldwide?
More Motion Books, of course!
Madefire is proud to announce an expansion to the line with several new titles in development with a remarkable group of creators:
– Visionary creators Liam Sharp and Bill Sienkiewicz tackle Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s greatest creation—Sherlock Holmes! Taking the classic tale, The Greek Interpreter, the duo will create the definitive digital reading experience for the celebrated consulting detective.
– Ground-breaking author Ricardo Pinto and renowned artist Adrian Smith tackle the epic War in Heaven, a modern retelling of the classic Paradise Lost. Massive in scope and incredible in execution—a motion book epic in every sense of the word.
– The lost pulp classic Mono: Prospero Rising makes its way to the Madefire platform courtesy of author Anthony Brock and legendary artist Gary Gianni. A giant-sized adventure for the ape-human hybrid!
In addition to this trio of new titles, Madefire’s six “on-going” series will continue to roll out with new episodes of Mono, Captain Stone is Missing…, and Treatment arriving in the coming weeks. As these new epics continue we’re excited to be introducing a new generation to benchmark digital editions of the classics!
Founded in 2011 by Ben Wolstenholme, Liam Sharp and Eugene Walden, Madefire provides artists and writers a publishing solution for iOS and web reading allowing them to build their stories in an exciting new format called Motion Books. Madefire is backed by Toni Schneider at True Ventures, The CEO of Automattic makers of WordPress, with angel investors including Sina Tamaddon, former Senior Vice President of Applications for Apple Inc–both of whom are on Madefire’s Board of Advisors. The Advisory Board also includes industry leaders Mike McCue, CEO and Founder of Flipboard, Dave Gibbons, co-creator of Watchmen, the bestselling graphic novel of all time, and Bill Sienkiewicz, widely recognized as one of the greatest innovators of sequential art. For more information go to madefire.com.
mo·tion book [moh-shuh n boo k]
1. A new medium developed in the early 21st century combining words, pictures, and sound to form an immersive digital reading experience.
2. A single unit of digital entertainment that can be downloaded from madefire.com/iOS or at browse.deviantart.com/motionbooks.